Friday, October 18, 2013

Dancing Boots Card

 photo DancingBootsCard.jpg
Sharing a card I did for the Hope You Can Cling To challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers today.  You were to have boots or shoes on your creation.  I immediately thought of some new stamps by Unity Stamp Company that came in the mail a few days ago.  How's that for perfect timing?  :)  I used papers from The Denim Stack by Diecuts With A View.  Did basic stamping with an ink pad by Clearsnap (ColorBox in Nautical) and got out my glitter finish Mod Podge to coat a chipboard key that I had rubbed red ink on (by Mod Podge as well).  The corrugated "life" word is new by Jillibean Soup (lightly rubbed red ink on it and just a little glitter Mod Podge).  The diecut shape is by Sizzix (one of their new framelits....which I LOVE).
The flowers are by Prima Marketing and the brad is by Crate Paper.  After I finished the card, I felt it still needed a little something when the "lightbulb" in my brain went off (amazing I know).  :)  I got out my fringe scissors by Martha Stewart and "fringed" some denim looking cardstock.  I adhered it around all four edges and was happy with the results.  Hope you have happy plans for the weekend.  Tonight is one of those bittersweet ones for me.  My youngest daughter will perform her last "home" game with the band tonight as she is a senior.  It's also "senior" night and parents are in a little pre-game activity.  You'll recognize me as I will be the one with the "tears" in her eyes ( or possibly just down right boo-hooing).  ha-ha  I tell ya, this "mom" stuff is hard.  Wink.  :)

No comments: